Muffins and Goats

Posted on 14:58 by Whittenoom

A small camera drone hovers slightly above Whit’s face, there is static for a second then the picture becomes clear. Whit is sat at a holographic desk inside the ‘Iron Hearted Angel’, the room is dark and a small humming sound fills the large room. Her attention seems to be focused on the holo image in front of her.

Despite almost falling asleep in the ‘Hook last night, I had the best sleep in ages when I returned.

Must have been something in that chocolate muffin…

Nether the less, I’m still going to see the Doc; I’m hoping he has some idea of what is causing it, and if he has anything to…stop them from happening. I’m hoping it has nothing to do with the new implants…

Yishal has disappeared. Woke up one day and she was no longer on the corporate roster. Every trace of information – which I had access to at least - was gone. Not sure where she is right now, but I have a feeling she is ok, she seems the tough sort…

Whit taps the holo image a few more times, seeming to rethink what she has just said.

I hope she is.

She then reaches under the table and pushes a small button, the room plunges into darkness for a brief second as the holo projector switches itself off, and the lights turn on. She reaches across the table to pick up her data pad, only for it to start buzzing in her hand. She reads the message, a cross between a smile and a confused look crosses her face.

Who the hell has Goats in a station anyway?

0 comments:

Post a Comment